Thursday 27 September 2018

Religion and Science.... Towards Scientific Religion.


 /Atheists often say that religion is based on blind faith whereas science is based on careful experimentation, measuring, and reasoning.

I find this a poingant critique of religion on this planet.

Religion is often a social instrument, or political one, it has to do with people being in a group, or groups, and having a common culture and legal system.

It is rare to have someone defend religion based on any kind of experience, or data, gleaned from religious practice.

I have defended religion based on some practice of religious technique.  For example you will find in my life a long story with strange occurences tied to prayer.

I have gotten up and talked about my experiences, to dispel the myth that there is nothing to religion at all, that there is no evidence to support the idea of a God or Gods existing, that there is no reason to practice religious arts as it were. 

Now I have noticed that atheists are sometimes claiming that there is no evidence for the belief in God, that there is no good reason, so to speak, to put faith in any religion. This is an interesting point of view, as it calls us to question our beliefs and find out what is true regarding the Divine and the Spiritual Universe, and to question again our place in it.

Now what atheism has done for me, as a religious believer, is cause me to seek evidence for the existence of some kind of God and Spiritual World.  I was aware of doubt since I was first introduced to religion, personally I wasn't sure what to make of it all from the time I was a child, I just thought I would believe in Jesus in order to fit in with my parents and their Church.. Also I was afraid people would not like me if I wasn't a believer.  So I believed in God, the Father, the Almighty.  At least to some extent anyway.

Now as a teen I heard critiques of Christianity from Marxists, and I felt that I could not believe in the Christian God for various reasons...  I tried to believe in the "one God of the prophets" but I found the Bible's Old Testament annoying and repugnant even.  I preferred the Quran, actually, and took an interest in Buddhism and Hinduism too.  I was intersted in religion and the Divine but I found that humans had some different ideas about that subject.  Though humans generally agreed that the purpose of life was to help your family and other people in need as well, and that this was commanded by God, I was not sure about what to make of it.

In college I learned about the dark side of religion, the slaughters, the pedophilia, the hatred of other groups.  I became dissolutioned with religion.  I focused on my studies.  I didn't go to Temples of anykind, or read very much about religion. 

Now later on, in my mid twenties, I became interested in religion again, I was particularly intersted in the Sufis.  I was also interested in Rastafarianism.  I met Muslims and Rastas in my hometown on Toronto, and hung out with them.  I had fun times with Muslim women, and thought I might like to marry a Muslim woman.  So I decided to become a Muslim, and learn about Islam. 


Now in this time I was beginning to see "strange" things.  Unusual coincidences.   I was experiencing "religious" experiences.  For example, I asked God for a sign after reading Quran, where it said about the many many names of God.  Now I questioned God whether there was a name for the Thunderer, and if the Norse Pagans had corrupted the original religion (theoretically about One God), into many Gods based on personifying the names of God.  I asked God if he would cast a lightning bolt for me to prove that Thor was one of his names. I was also asking about if homosexual promiscuity was wrong, and asked that a lightning bolt fall over the park where the gays used to hang out looking for sex....  Now a really weird thing happened, I went upstairs and looked out the window down the street towards the gay park... I felt electrified, and I put out my hand saying firmly "Thor" and i pointed at the gay park, and a lightbolt fell right around it, like where it was or maybe slightly behind it.  I was impressed and told my ex Rasta friend, and he laughed.  Now then more weird things happened that summer and fall. 

Now look, after a while, the weird things piled up.  The weird things had a pattern, I would ask God or Whatever Was Listening to Me, to do various things and those things would often take place.  It could have just been a coincidence, but if it was a coincidence it shows that the universe at least in my case likes to give improbable results or effects. 

Truly I have pondered over my experiences heavily.  Are they unusual coincidences or indications that something is listening to my prayers and answering them?

I am quite sure now that something is listening to my prayers and anserwing them.  One thing that confims this is how I will ask God in my head if there is a UFO, an Angel or Holy Ghost, that can appear in the sky above me, and then about 10-20 minutes later, I almost always see a UFO.  I am quite sure this is not a hallucination as I have shown these UFOs to other people and they say they see it too.  Actually I went to a Church with a good reputation and talked to the warden about the UFOs and he told me that they were seeing them too, and his friend has taken footage of them. 

It's not just seeing possible Angels in the sky, it is also seeing interesting weather phenomena.  A few years ago I had no car and had to walk far to go to the store at night.  Now I was not interested in walking in the rain, so I asked God for a sign, that a man could be a prophet and perhaps know God personally, and if this was true and I might be possible to be one of them, could it stop raining for me to go to the store?   Now about 15 minutes later i checked outside and it had stopped raining.  I thought this was good, and walked to the store.  The whole 35 minutes I was walking it didn't rain anymore.  Now for that whole rainy season, everytime I had to walk to go to the store at night, I would pray to God for it to stop raining, and it alawys would, within 15-20 minutes.  I didn't get wet the whole winter.

That was weird, and accompanied by the  UFO sightings I was convinced that something was going on, and that there was a science that could be utilized to look into it.  I began conceptualizing experiments, asking for volunteer believers to take the path towards becoming a prophet, and see what would happen with them, whether they would see anything like what I had seen.

There were numerous other strange coincidences involving prayer to Jesus Christ and Jehova the Father.  Somewhere on this blog I have discussed everything that happened in that period.  There were a lot of interesting events, including manifestations of healing gifts and of combat prowess.

After all these experiencse, I prayed for perhaps the 5th time to meet and Angel, perhaps an Angel named Gabriel, and to learn from the Angel about reality and God.

Now it happened that a voice told me about this Gabriel, that I was going to meet him.  A few days later I meet Gabriel Wise, a facebook user, and he claims to be the Angel from heaven.  He says he is "the Truth" and "the Messenger of the Truth."

Well, it is interesting talking this possible Angel, I wonder if he is a fraud or not.  I am not sure.  We should check him out.

I am doing just fine, getting along okay or even good, just spent a summer relaxing, partying and studying and researching business.  It was a lot of fun.  Now I am back to work on the job which is editing, and I am happy doing that.  It is really nice to be alive and having a fun time. I hope nobody will try to take away the fun in my life or block me from realizing my dreams in anyway, shapre or form.  Hahahaha.

So about science, let's see if we can raise some kids to believe in Jesus and become prophets, and let's see if they have any great abilities.  That would be cool.  

No comments:

Post a Comment